Many people just don’t know how to get toned. Women especially are looking to tone up their legs, tums and bums but often go about things the wrong way. Here I walk you through 3 of my favourite abs exercises designed to help you get toned and firm up those muscles.
Muscles are what give your body shape, without decent muscle mass your body sags – a body shape without muscle tone and definition is neither sexy nor attractive. By utilizing these 3 abs exercises you will tone and define your tummy remarkably quickly, all it takes is regular commitment to complete the routine a few times per week.
Do that and you will soon be thinking “why didn’t I do this before?” and it will be your friends asking you how to get toned.
1. The Bicycle
By using this bicycle movement you will find out fast just how effective it is at answering your question on how to get toned. This is by fat the best move to target your six pack muscles. Make sure you use the correct form so you do not put stress on your back or neck, to do this exercise correctly:
1. Begin by lying face up on the floor and gently place your fingers behind your head without pulling the neck.
2. Bring your knees towards your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the ground.
3. Then straighten your left leg until it is at an approximate 45-degree angle whilst simultaneously turning your upper body to the right, bringing your left elbow towards your right knee.
4. Switch sides and bring the right elbow towards the left knee.
5. Continue with this pedaling motion for between 12 and 30 reps depending on your level of fitness.
2. The Bridge (Plank)
This exercise is a great way to build up your core strength, it is far tougher than it first seems but use it regularly and your quest for how to get toned will be a thing of the past, you’ll have arrived:
1. First lie with your face down on a comfortable mat or rug and rest on your forearms with your palms flat on the floor.
2. Push off the floor, raising up onto your toes and rest on your elbows.
3. Be sure to keep your back flat, in a straight line from your head to your heels.
4. Tilt your pelvis and be certain to contract your abdominals so your bum doesn’t stick up in the air (this is vitally important to optimize the effect).
5. Hold yourself in position for between 20 and 60 seconds depending on your fitness level but be extremely careful not to stay tensed for longer than you are comfortable with. Repeat for 3 sets.
3. The Vertical Leg Crunch
The vertical leg crunch proves extremely effective for working the rectus abdominis muscles as well as the obliques, by following these steps closely you will ensure correct form and an optimal workout helping you get toned:
1. Lie face up on the floor whilst extending your legs straight upwards with your knees crossed.
2. Contract your abs so you can lift your shoulder blades off the floor, as though reaching your chest towards your feet.
3. Keep the legs in a fixed position and imagine bringing your tummy button towards your spine at the top of the movement.
4. Lower and repeat for 12-20 reps, again dependant on fitness levels.
So there you have it 3 great abs exercises that you can use in the comfort of your own home, without equipment. Now you have the answer for how to get toned, or at least the abs part of it anyway!
Keep checking back to the site or sign up for our RSS feed because we will be bringing you a whole host of exercises and routines for every body part on how to get toned. If you want more top notch abs exercises be sure to check out Mike Geary’s The Truth About Abs via the link or read the Truth About Abs review.
Till next time, good luck!